By Olivia |
This Ancient Healing System Can Also Help Prevent Graying Hair
Ayurveda is a holistic healing system, originating in India more than 5,000 years ago. Good health, and that of course includes good hair, is achieved by the mind, body and spirit being in balance. All things are formed from five elements – earth, water, fire, air, and space. These elements combine to create three life forces called doshas, which control how the body functions. They are called Vata, Kapha and Pitta. In Ayurveda, hair fall and premature graying is believed to arise from Pitta disorders.
Increased intake of fried, sour, spicy, salty, and fermented foods, as well as tea and coffee, aggravate the Pitta Dosha in the body. This Pitta accumulates in the skin of the scalp, leading to hair falling out and graying prematurely. Factors like excessive anger and stress are also responsible. Excessive consumption of alcohol and meat also aggravate Pitta.
How To Prevent Grey Hair and Loss Of Hair
1. Chronic colds and sinus problems adversely affect the hair. Don’t leave these issues untreated.
2. Good digestion is important. Take care of digestive problems that can promote hair loss and turn hair gray.
4. Do ayurvedic head massage to revitalize the scalp.
5. Use essential oils such as bhringaraja, also known as keshraja or “king of the hair.” Neem oil is another excellent natural hair remedy.
6. Consume foods rich in copper because a lack of this mineral can contribute to premature graying. Some good choices are chickpeas, avocados, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, shiitake mushrooms and kale.
Yoga can also help your hair
According to yoga, nerve endings below the fingernails are directly connected to the roots of a person’s hair. Rubbing the nails against one another improves the blood circulation in the scalp, which in turn reduces grey hair.
Try the Prasana Mudra. With the hands near the chest, rub the nails of the eight fingers against each other for 5 to 10 minutes while keeping the thumbs straight.
Do this for at least 30 days. This yoga method is said to slow down hair loss and reduce gray hair and split ends.
Source: Cure Joy